- Join a local chapter and meet other healthcare providers who share the vision of universal health care.
- Become a California Medical Association delegate to strengthen our voice and influence.
- Sign up for our resolutions campaign and join forces with like-minded PNHP members to push our state, local, and specialty medical organizations toward an unqualified embrace of care access and health justice through a single payer system.
To access a map of state medical societies with resolutions in progress, click HERE. To check the status of national medical societies, click HERE. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- Resolutions can also be introduced in city councils to increase municipal awareness of single payer. medicare4allresolutions.org
- Schedule a grand rounds and invite one of our California speakers to present or co-present. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to engage a speaker.
- Write letters to the editor. The public appreciates the physician point of view regarding health care reform, and our personal stories.
- Visit your legislators to lobby for bills that offer meaningful single payer reform. https://pnhp.org/take-action/congressional-visit-how-to-kit-2/
- Talk to other physicians about the advantages of a single payer health care system:
- Reduced burnout from release of administrative burdens.
- No affordability issues for their patients.
- Their family members always covered despite location and insurance status.
- Less costly system allows more benefits and comprehensive care.
- Lower malpractice insurance rates as all future care is covered.
If work and family do not allow time for activism, please join as a member to be counted, or make a donation to support our work.